Special Education Law in New Jersey – John B. Comegno II
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
- Transgender rights: How does emerging case law and new federal direction affect your schools?
- Are service animals a Special Education consideration?
- Balance the needs of the students with legal compliance and resources
- Develop a data-driven, bullet proof IEP and avoid costly mistakes
- Leave this seminar with concrete best practices to ensure compliance with legal mandates
One of the greatest challenges that you face today is ensuring compliance and implementation of the IDEA. With the many recent changes in both federal and state special education regulations, it is essential that you not only have an awareness of the changes taking place, but also have an understanding of how these changes impact your day-to-day activities and the students you serve. A cursory knowledge of the law or applying common sense does not begin to protect school districts and professionals against the potential legal and financial consequences of misinterpreting special education regulations.
Watch this recording for the latest information on developments in the reauthorized IDEA and gain practical advice on how to effectively implement IDEA requirements in order to ensure compliance with the regulations while meeting the needs of students with disabilities. Find answers to the following questions and many more.
- What are the current Best Practices?
- How can data assist in IEP defense and litigation?
- How can I better support our schools, teachers and special education staff?
- Compare IDEA and Section 504 principles and policy basics.
- Explain policy basis for the major disability laws.
- List four strategies to help avoid due process and other issues.
- Summarize three strategies that properly address behavioral and disciplinary concerns.
- Outline the IEP development process that meets regulatory requirements.
- Examine sensitivities to ethical considerations in the delivery of special education and physical accommodations.
The Rules: Legal Basis and Policy Basics
- Individuals with Disabilities in Education Act
- Basis and Goals
- Development of the Law
- Compare/Contrast Laws
- Section 504
- Special Education Considerations
- General Education Particulars
- Who’s eligible, and who’s not (And why it’s critically important to know the difference)
- Criteria best practices
- Differences between Section 504 and IDEA eligibility
LRE is Not Just a Place
- Does placement determine IEP?
- IEP best practice considerations
- Smart Goals and Objectives
- Dyslexia is not (any longer) a four letter word
- The biggest ticket
Rules for Identification and Evaluation
- Evaluation Options
- The IEE is not a blank check
- How to properly (and efficiently) address Independent Evaluation requests
Staying out of Trouble; Simple Ways to Avoid Due Process
- Comegno Combat Rules
- Practical Suggestions
- Capitalizing on District Resources
- What wins cases? (Or more importantly, how can we best address student needs?)
Discipline and Behavioral Intervention
- Constitutional Limitations
- General Education Rules and Regulations
- Regulatory Concerns
- MDs, FBAs, and other Great, Important Acronyms
- Everybody loves a pony
- How (and when) are service animals a Special Education issue?
Effective and Compliant IEPs
- Regulatory Requirements
- Practical Considerations
- Who? When? How? How Long?
- Consent considerations
- They need to sign it. (Right? I mean, don’t they?)
- Student Records Issues
- “Need to Know”
- Rules; FERPA, IDEA, State Rules
- Team Involvement
- Involvement of Teacher and Others
- Transgender issues
- He wants to use which bathroom?!
- Case Law
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.
Dahlia Waters –
good thank you | Special Education Law in New Jersey – John B. Comegno II