Disarming the Narcissist: Surviving and Thriving with the Self-Absorbed – Wendy T. Behary
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
From Wendy Behary…
Twenty years ago, I, like you, was frustrated with the lack of treatment progress I was having with narcissistic clients and tired of feeling irritated, intimidated and defeated. I would check my schedule, and when his name was there in bold font at 4:00 PM, I would feel a dreadful pit in my stomach…but no more! The techniques I am going to give you solved this, turned my life as a practitioner around and effectively changed my client’s self-defeating patterns.
I’m talking about the challenges of dealing with an “involuntary” client. The one forced to come for therapy by a loved one fed up with his arrogant, self-righteous, and obnoxious behaviors. He had recently lost a relationship, had a disciplinary problem at work and was in legal trouble all because the “rules didn’t apply to him”. He would strut into my office – first trying to amuse me, then defiantly refuse to engage in my “touchy feely” strategies.
I found the key to effectively working with narcissistic clients.
Since then I have honed this innovative therapeutic approach to help move these clients beyond their self-destructive behavior, transforming the lives of numerous clients and their families. This approach will revolutionize your practice and drastically improve your outcomes with your most difficult clients (not just narcissistic ones, since it works well with any challenging or resistant client).
I have gone on to write a book “Disarming the Narcissist,” as well as teach this approach around the globe and now have, in conjunction with PESI, created a special workshop to help you learn and incorporate these methods into your work.
Sign up today, to get the secrets to my success and help you transform your approach. No boring talk and theory, rather we will walk through step by step, the key strategies in my approach. You will learn how to engage these clients effectively – and confidently address their most frustrating behaviors.
Origins of Narcissism and Treatment
- Conceptualization of narcissism and early unmet needs
- Assessment tools
- Narcissism DSM® and Schema Theory
The Spectrum of Narcissism
- Entitled types
- Full-blown character pathology
- Sociopathic profiles
The Narcissist in Treatment
- Unmet needs
- Coping styles
- Imbedded states of mind
- Using specific assessment tools to guide treatment
- Modes and schema of the narcissistic client
Overcoming the Challenges in Treating the Narcissist
- Traits, states, and coping styles
- How the narcissist provokes the therapist
- How the therapist’s schemas and modes can sabotages treatment
- Gaining leverage
- Meaningful consequences
- Keeping the narcissist motivated
- Working with the narcissist’s spouse or significant other
Interventions and Strategies for Change
- Establish agreements regarding mutual respect
- Imagery, for linking new thinking and behavior with early maladaptive experiences
- Confront the detached modes in order to access the lonely child
- The power of candid “realness” to build trust
- Break through intellectual and approval-seeking barriers
- Confront overcompensating grandiosity
- Effectively tackle aggressiveness
- How to remain the credible, compassionate expert that you are
How to Implement Interventions: Demonstrations and Role Plays
- Video presentation/case discussion
- Cognitive and emotion-focused chair work
- Mode work
- Empathic confrontation
- Therapy relationship
- Limit setting
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.
Ellis Mayo –
Wonderful transaction. Great communication. Thank you | Disarming the Narcissist: Surviving and Thriving with the Self-Absorbed – Wendy T. Behary