Build Social Skills in Kids with Autism, Sensory Processing & ADHD: Positive Outcome for Success – Tara Delaney , Mary Hamrick
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
We all know how important it is for children to build social connections and have relationships that thrive and succeed!
We will show you how to utilize the sensory systems within activity-rich lessons to increase social skills for children with HFA, ADHD and sensory issues.
We will demonstrate sensory activities that create opportunities to increase emotional and sensory regulation that leads to social connectivity. Children will become more confident and comfortable taking social risks, preparing them for future real-time social interactions.
You will learn specific strategies to build social competency:
- Reading nonverbal and verbal social cues
- Executive Functioning Strategies
- Making Theory of Mind concrete
- Selective Attention
- Social Sense Habits of the Week
Come experience and learn strategies for kids who struggle connecting with others.
- Describe the latest brain research, and how these findings impact the way therapists and educators work with children/ adults with social skills deficits.
- Provide an explanation on sensory integration and the link to social skills.
- Summarize how underlying sensory processing difficulties impact learning, behavior and social skills.
- Examine how early experiences set the stage for more intricate social intelligence.
- Provide strategies on helping students identify and communicate their needs, monitor their levels of sensory stimulation, observe and attach meaning to the nuances of social situations.
- Discover the most important social skills for our students to have and how they can rely on their basic sensory foundation to teach these incredibly complex skills. Lesson plans that are ready to go!
- A new way to look at being social!
- Evolution of the term
- Neurology and Environment
The Brain Library
- What it is – how is it stacked
- Gaps in the library
- Exposure delays/deficits
- Brain Connectivity
- Sensory – Multi-Sensory
The Sensory System Link
- Gustatory & Olfactory – Make Theory of Mind concrete
- Vestibular – Increase spatial awareness
- Proprioceptive – learn nonverbal language
- Tactile – Brain over Body strategies
- Auditory -Selective attention
- Visual – Joint attention and visualization strategies
- A New Way to Run Social Groups
- Strategies for basic sensory systems – ask questions to drive change
- Use of real time opportunities – Social Sense hands–on activities
- Develop positive social habits
- Increase sensory-social awareness
- Analyze how actions/reactions – affect peer relationships
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.
Alyssa Garner –
a+ | Build Social Skills in Kids with Autism, Sensory Processing & ADHD: Positive Outcome for Success – Tara Delaney , Mary Hamrick