2,4,6,8 This is How We Regulate! Play Therapy Interventions for Dysregulated Clients – Tracy Turner-Bumberry
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
- Fun, interactive day filled with play, art and movement
- Dysregulation symptoms with Autism, ADHD, Bipolar and Anxiety
- Telltale signs of dysregulation in children and teens
Are your clients having anger outbursts, meltdowns, crying spells or long, intense moments of hyperactive joy? This is dysregulation, and it doesn’t feel good!
Join Tracy Turner-Bumberry, LPC, RPT-S, in this interactive seminar to teach you art, movement and play therapy interventions to help regulate clients with Autism, ADHD, Bipolar and Anxiety. You will practice techniques during this program to experience for yourself how to achieve calm, cool and relaxed children and adolescents. Leave this workshop armed with a tool kit of Play Therapy interventions to reduce meltdowns, mood swings, anger outbursts and create sustained emotion regulation.
You will learn how play is a therapeutic and natural way for children who have limited verbal skills to express their needs and frustrations.
Play allows children to:
- Experience and express emotion
- Become more responsible for behaviors and develop more successful strategies
- Develop new and creative solutions to problems
- Reduce fear, anxiety and depression
- Assess and describe key dysregulation issues in clients that affect their physical and emotional well-being.
- Recognize symptoms of dysregulation in Autism, ADHD, bipolar and anxiety disorders.
- Define “intentional practice” and explain its role towards creating sustained regulation in clients.
- Practice “instant regulator” interventions to help create an immediate calm therapy environment.
- Learn play therapy interventions that can easily be replicated to reduce client meltdowns and mood swings at home and school.
- Discover 3 strategies to reduce anger outbursts to sustain emotion regulation.
How Dysregulation Manifests in Children and Adolescents
- Levels of dysregulation
- Mood swings vs dysregulation
- Intentional behavior vs dysregulation
- Special considerations
- Treatment plan goals w/focus on intentional practice
ICD-10 Diagnoses with Higher Levels of Dysregulation (case examples)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Anxiety disorders
- Bipolar disorder
Instant Regulator Activities for Client Focused Sessions
- Finger breathing
- Gong breath
- Sensory ABC’s
- Jump in the Picture
- Move to review
Art Interventions: Drawing, Coloring, Creating
- Activate the whole brain for emotional, cognitive and sensory regulation
- Uplift mood
- Reduce anxiety, fear and depression
- Improve focus and mindfulness
- Creates healing through non-verbal expression
Play Therapy Interventions: Superhero, Improv, Role Play and Games
- Relax and stabilize ADHD and bipolar
- Release any excess energy
- Provide a safe and sacred space for emotional expression
- Increase confidence and motivation
- Encourage creative thought, new ideas, and a sense of joy
Movement Interventions: Fine and Gross Motor
- Experience competence to communicate and express emotion
- Inspires self-confidence to tackle complex challenges
- Move w/therapist to create trust and build rapport
- Facilitates in getting the intense emotion out of the body
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.
Denise Morrow –
You don’t know how happy you all just made me! What a great deal! | 2,4,6,8 This is How We Regulate! Play Therapy Interventions for Dysregulated Clients – Tracy Turner-Bumberry